Let's talk about Summer schedules. Specifically, the time in the summer (which I would say is right now) when you just want to throw in the towel because schedules are different and the pool and vacations are calling your name. But what if you could do both? Take a vacation, head to the pool or whatever your summer favorites are AND still be successful.
If you missed my chat with my client Lauren
, she talked about her five week sabbatical this summer. She is taking five weeks off, is prepared and has a plan for when she returns, and we planned her fall launch already. (i.e. she has the content teed up and ready to go!)
Having Both: a Successful Business and a Fun Summer
So often we go into business with an all-or-nothing mindset, but I am a huge believer that it can be both. One of my big goals this year is to take one week off each month. As I am writing this I just wrapped up a week off with zero meetings. And I have three more weeks like that planned this summer.
How to prepare for your fall launch now
How do you do it? Here are a few ideas that you can implement right now to better prepare for your fall launch. And if you aren't thinking about launching in the fall, noodle this. September is the new January. Why? In September most of us crave routine. Kids are back in school, the holidays are a few months away and there is a sense of renewal in the air. If you have BIG goals between now and the end of the year, September is usually when you start thinking about taking action.
The goal is to prime your ideal client now so when they are ready to purchase, you are top of mind. Here is how:
- Create content pillars that align with what you are launching and share them now. What main topics do your product or service cover and what pain points exist that point to you as the solution? Remember, no one cares what the program is. They care if they are going to get results. My favorite exercise to do this is the 30/30 exercise.
On one side of a piece of paper write 30 pain points your current client and ideal client are experiencing. On the other side write down 30 ways you can fix it. There is your content. Start sharing it now. Education on how you can serve them now.
- Gather testimonials now. I mentioned this in our grassroots marketing blog post but gather testimonials now. And start sharing them. I actually have a reminder on my calendar to share some sort of testimonial or client proof every single week. Sometimes it's an email, sometimes a post, sometimes a story, but people are naturally curious. Share exactly what it is like to work with you and what happens when they sign up. Make it an easy yes.
Do you love these tips? Take the Productivity Personality Quiz to get a Netflix-style binge-worthy resource list to help you find your focus and is customized to you! Take the quiz here.
- Really think about what your goals are in the next quarter and what you need to be successful. Inside our planner, we ask these questions every single quarter:
- What are your remaining goals for the quarter? What can you minimize to stop the distractions and get there faster? And do they still fit in with your yearly vision? This summer, what is your focus to hit your year-end goals?
- What do you need to do in the next three months to be successful? If you want to create a new course as an example, maybe this month is simply mapping out the framework, then month two is building it and month three is launching it. You don't need to do everything in ONE sitting.
- What projects make the most sense for you to focus on right now and how do they align back to your goals? For example, if you want to create a course, how will you focus on building an audience that wants to buy it? Focus on that first.
- And then finally, check in with yourself. Are you overscheduled? The answer is usually yes. What can be delegated or paused? When are you actually going to work on these projects and what resources do you need to be successful? Last week I talked a lot about outsourcing, but who do you need on your team to help support you? Whether it be hiring someone or just sharing your goals with a friend.
The key takeaway of this entire post is you can't just throw something out there and expect people to buy.
You need to have a process and a strategy for continually establishing yourself as an expert, sharing proof that you are attracting the right person by sharing content that helps them now.
I have been working on my own personal visibility strategy offline, increasing our email list 4X in the last year, and teaching the strategy to my clients. The outcome. 👇
- Easier launches
- Less time on social
- Increased profits (even in this economy)
- A long-term plan to scale (that feels aligned)
If having a plan that helps you attract your dream clients while still having some fun this summer, saving you time, and money, and drawing in the right audience to increase your profits is what you are wanting, then I would recommend you check out our Anti-Social School Curriculum
. Enrollment is open for this summer and when you sign-up you will receive a full "Client attraction audit" and a 1:1 with me. Your summer profit and visibility plan are literally waiting for you. Plus you get the entire Anti-Social School curriculum taught live with me for seven weeks. Think of it as a mini-intensive where at the end your entire attraction and visibility plan is done. Plus you have access to me for seven weeks.
See you inside!
Looking for more on this topic and your High-Level Action items? Check out the Strategy Lab in the Crush the Rush Club!