Episode 317: Creating Copy that Converts in your Emails with Jenny RothApr 18, 2023
Today we welcome Jenny Roth to the Crush the Rush podcast. Jenny is an expert copywriter and today we’re talking all about email copy. Jenny started out writing for a local magazine and quickly became the editor. In talking with business owners, she realized that they need help writing all kinds of things – email copy, blogs, website copy, etc
Jenny shares that good email copy is simply an extension of your personal brand. It’s a way to amplify your customer service, treat people well and share your knowledge. She recommends considering two things when writing your email: (1) What is the purpose of this email? How is it serving my email list? (2) How does this email list serve me as the business owner? If you’re unsure where to start, start with a personal story!
What about sales emails? Jenny recommends always including testimonials and case studies, answer questions that your clients have and address their objections. She says that 80% of copy is leaning into the objections, doubts, and benefits of your program and 20% is good copy. So, knowing exactly who you help and how you help them is key!
In this episode:
- How Jenny became an expert in the field of copywriting [0:34]
- Why does email copy matter? [3:31]
- What makes a good email? [5:03]
- Let’s talk sales emails [8:35]
- What trends is Jenny seeing in email marketing right now? [11:48]
- Tips on how to get started with email marketing – the do’s and don’ts [14:16]
- TEXT HOLLY: 614-810-4236 or click here
- JOIN THE MASTERMIND: Apply here to chat with Holly
- CREATE YOUR ANTI-SOCIAL STRATEGY: https://www.hollymariehaynes.com/social