3 Ways To Get Unstuck and Discover Time Freedom in Your BusinessApr 07, 2021
Here is an interesting story. So often when we start a side hustle or a side business, we are looking for two things: Income & impact (our why) and time freedom, to be able to control our schedule and our finances at the same time. Am I right? Almost everything in life comes down to time. But the crazy thing is most of us that start this journey end up spending every minute of our “free time” building a business only to get frustrated and burnt out. You just traded your free time for work and the work you are doing is not bringing you the joy you thought it would, right?
So we're going to chat about the difference between time management and time freedom and 3 ways to get unstuck. You started this business for a reason, I hope a reason that brings you joy and hope. So let’s get that back.
First, let's start with the definition. Do you know the difference between time management and time freedom? A recent THRIVE article states:
Time freedom is about spending your time doing what you really love doing with the clients and people who mean the most to you.
Having more freedom of time is about having the ability to live a full life and have the time to pursue other interests outside of work.
But finding time freedom for entrepreneurs can be tough. Rather than having the time freedom you dreamt about, you might be working longer and longer hours, doing activities that neither excite or motivate you. And to layer on more, you now get to wear every hat in the business (the joy of being a solopreneur) and are spending a large part of your time dealing with the complexities and complications of simply running your business.
Can you relate? Maybe you are even thinking, there is no time to step back and think or plan or take time for yourself.
I say this as I have taken more time off in the last 3 months from my business consistently than ever before and already made what I made in 2020 January. I made a decision this year 2021 to go all-in but to put time freedom first.
- I have very part-time hours.
- I still work my 9-5.
- I know what it is like to have ZERO time.
- I also know what it is like to REALLY want to succeed.
So let’s dig in. How can you get that time freedom back?
I can show you all the tips and tricks to time block and maximize your schedule but if you are working all the time it will. not. work. If you are finding yourself wanting to do more but scared to get started, or nervous about what others will think, or are still stuck on the fact that you don't have time. Here are 3 easy things you can do right now.
1) Set aside time each day to focus on your mindset. I dedicate almost an HOUR to this each morning. (Last year's Holly would be rolling her eyes now.) You can start with 10 minutes and see results.
2) Reward yourself first. I just finished Profit first and completely streamlined how I bring income in, what products I offer and how I offer them. It meant slowing down to speed up.
3) Ask questions. Every podcast episode, FB interview, DM, I ask a ton of questions. My goal is to constantly learn as much as possible. For both me and you. I am always trying to uplevel my knowledge so I can constantly improve. And that takes dedication. To stop the scroll and commit.
At some point, your will get tired of settling. And learn how rewarding it is to have control. That time freedom. Where you get to choose how to spend your time.
Ready to take action?.
What’s one simple step you can take to increase your time freedom?
What’s one activity you can stop doing right now?
Want FIVE more bonus tips? Check out the Strategy Lab in the Crush the Rush Club!