Ekk. Let's start the year with a bang, shall we? I am super excited to kick off a 5-part series for the new year, where each week for the next five blog posts, there are actually going to be two in one. Digging into the merging of strategy and soul.
Now before we get into this, let's be clear that I am not a mindset coach. My enneagram 3 brain LOVES lists and action items, BUT the biggest growth I have seen in the last year has been the merging of both the masculine side of strategy (the textbook what is your plan, what action steps are you going to take, etc.) and the feminine side of journaling, manifesting, and trusting the universe. Is trusting the universe a business plan? No. But does it work? Yes.
So to kick things off, we are going to chat about:
1 - Creating More than a vision board
2 - Masculine and feminine side of strategy
Let's start with what everyone does this time of year. A vision board. I love Canva. And photos. In high school, I cut out all the magazine words and did all the scrapbooks, so I am into the visualization exercise. Plus it's fun. And honestly, I am considering the word fun for my 2023 word because I think we should all have more of it. But let's dig into how to make the vision board exercise more powerful.
- Pick a word.
- Pick your power phrases.
- Visualize what the future will look like. My favorite question in our community is what would your million-dollar self do? Create photos that inspire you.
- What can you do to inspire yourself to take action to embody who you want to become? Create that. What visuals are going to help you remember that?
- Make sure your vision is all-encompassing, not just business.
- Brain power. Everyday thinking is 2-3 acres of space. Creative thinking 50+ acres. Create the space to be creative. This is not a one-and-done. Set aside time each month, quarter, or week to revisit it. I hang mine in my closet and have it on my desktop so look at it when I do my monthly planning.
Masculine and Feminine Strategy
The whole concept of scaling with strategy and soul is the idea of pairing detailed masculine planning, system, and structure with the feminine side of listening to your gut, being creative, and trusting the universe. So what does that look like?
Do you love these tips? Take the Productivity Personality Quiz to get a Netflix-style binge-worthy resource list to help you find your focus and is customized to you! Take the quiz here.
Going into the new year you can create a vision board. We just walked through what I would argue is the feminine side of planning. The masculine side of that is the more factual side. You can start by asking these questions:
- What do you want to accomplish in the next year? What is working? What is not?
- When you look at your numbers, what do they tell you? Can you keep doing what you are doing or does something need to change?
- When you look at what you enjoy doing and what your clients are asking for, what is the best way to serve them?
- What do you want to accomplish this quarter that will help you get to your goal?
- What action can you take right now to move closer to your goal?
All of these questions are very tactical. At the end of this mini-exercise, you should factually be able to show the direction you want to go with actions to back it up. But also, when you pair it with our vision exercise, you should feel inspired. It's the perfect equation of the feminine side of brainstorming and creating without boundaries and the masculine side of what the plan is.
How to Use Them Both Together
So often we put so much pressure on the new year, new plan, and new goals, but what if you released that pressure? And had some fun? Create a vision board with some depth and then get into the masculine planning of what are your actions and data telling you. Together, it is a powerful roadmap to help build your figure.
The best part? This is just part 1 of 5. Share your vision board with me. What did you create? What is your word for 2023?
Looking for more on this topic and your High-Level Action items? Check out the Strategy Lab in the Crush the Rush Club!