Business Trends for 2022Dec 01, 2021
Business Trends for 2022
One of the things I love this time of year is the end-of-year specials where they talk about all the things that happened. Like the Barbara Walter’s special of the Most Impactful People. I am a sucker for a good year-end review. I thought it would be fun instead of looking backward to look forward. And talk about some of the business trends that I have seen in my experience that I think will be important for business owners in 2022. And because I love a good list, this is actually a 2-part series. We will be sharing the second part later this month so stay tuned.
3 trends you should be working on now for 2022
- Content is king. I have said this for the last two years but I feel it is even more important now. Content is how people get to know you. It is how they learn your story. It is also how you can establish your expertise. Because of all the social media platform changes, having content in more than one place is becoming more and more important.
If you are stuck in your business slow down to figure out what your content pillars are, how you want to share it, and what to share. It will make all the difference. Create a content plan so you can be everywhere at once (even though you know that you have a system behind the scenes to help you do this.
- Partnerships matter. I actually love this trend because I am such a huge fan of community. You might have seen the launch of “summits” or “workshops” where multiple people speak and present. I think this is gold. One because it is free (or most of them are). Two because you are essentially exchanging audiences. And finally, I am a huge believer that in-person interactions (zoom or podcasts) convert much more quickly because they get to know you on a personal level. If you are listening to me on a workshop you see my palm wallpaper or my girls might come in and wave. It helps people realize you are a real person.
Do you love these tips? Take the Productivity Personality Quiz to get a Netflix-style binge-worthy resource list to help you find your focus and is customized to you! Take the quiz here.
An example of this is our partnership in the December Sparkle Hustle Grow box. I am a guest trainer in their December membership and they were a guest on my podcast (if you didn’t listen to the episode with founder Julie Ball, it's a good one!) We both focus on teaching similar topics but in very different ways.
P.s. if you didn’t grab your box yet, you can at here and use the code crush the rush for $10 off. It's a great gift for yourself or your business bestie.
- Podcasts are still relevant. If you are like me sometimes you might think, ah, it seems like everyone is starting a podcast. But podcasts are where people are hanging out. Here are some facts from podcasthosting.org:
- Podcast listeners subscribe to an average of 6 shows
- Podcast listeners listen to an average of 7 different shows per week
- 93% listen to all or most of each episode
- 65% of monthly podcast listeners have been listening for less than 3 years
My point. It is a popular platform for a reason. And people are watching and listening.
If you are new, think about going on a podcast tour. This is actually what I teach my mastermind members. Once you know your topics, put yourself on tour. How many podcasts can you guest on? Going back to point #1, be everywhere. This allows you to be heard but also seen.
If you have a podcast or are thinking about starting one. Do it. My favorite way to get started is actually the FREE Buzzsprout course. You don’t need a lot to get started, just a plan!
Whew, that is a lot, right? But I am telling you these 3 trends are here to stay. I have seen them in my business and my clients' business and even some of my own personal mentors.
The Top Business Trends for 2022 are:
Content is king.
Don’t discount podcasts.
So now I am curious. Which step are you going to take first?
Looking for more on this topic? Check out the Strategy Lab in the Crush the Rush Club!