5 Lessons Learned from Scaling a Business + Behind the Scenes Sneak Peak
Jun 30, 2021
Oh hey. My husband and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. Like wow. Honestly, as I type that I get excited that we have something amazing to celebrate but also, um, I feel old.
In all seriousness though, I thought it would be fun to give you guys a little peek behind the scenes Q&A style. As I am always looking for ways to truly share what it is like to run a full-time business with a really crazy schedule.
I think our biggest lesson learned as a couple in business is to share all the details. So often I just work and come up with these big ideas in my head and never share them with anyone. It is easier for me not to talk about things but once I did and started sharing my bigger vision for this business and our life, together. Things worked a lot better. And I think he has now gotten used to my big crazy dreamer ideas. I.e. after you hear them a few times, you aren’t quite as shocked.
Now let’s get into a few questions you have asked of me lately.
- What has been your biggest challenge this year? - Believing in myself. Taking a break from social media. My network marketing training back in the day was to be online as much as possible. I have had to work really hard to break free from that. I have so many boundaries and tricks I use to protect this now.
- Where do you see your business 5 years from now? Mastermind is my favorite. Would love to have a full-fledged planner company. The planner has been the most fun to launch. Like it is a dream to design covers, work with North and Third and come up with fun new inserts for you guys. This quarter we did a content planner insert. I think next quarter we are going to do something around mindset.
I also set word as a theme for this year and that is visibility.
Do you love these tips? Take the Productivity Personality Quiz to get a Netflix-style binge-worthy resource list to help you find your focus and is customized to you! Take the quiz here.
- Are you going to leave your 9-5? Working towards time freedom. Whatever that looks like.
- What motivates you? - My dad. Brain cancer. Life is short. I want to use every second wisely. I think this is why I struggle so much with prioritization and why strategy is so important. Work less. Impact more.
- What is your biggest lesson learned in the last year? I should have focused more on my mindset first. I was so tactical for so long and when I shifted it made a huge difference.
With all that said, July is a great month to take some time to evaluate how far you have come and really dig deep into where you want to go.
JOIN THE CRUSH THE RUSH CLUB
WAIT! THERE IS MORE!
Are you bursting with ideas and wondering how the heck you are going to find time to make it happen?
Imagine your time management fairy god-mother coming in to wave her magic wand and show you a better way! And actually, see results. We combine productivity best practices, business strategy, and community support to help you get to the next level without burnout.