5 Lessons Learned from Scaling a Business + Behind the Scenes Sneak PeakJun 30, 2021
Oh hey. My husband and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. Like wow. Honestly, as I type that I get excited that we have something amazing to celebrate but also, um, I feel old.
In all seriousness though, I thought it would be fun to give you guys a little peek behind the scenes Q&A style. As I am always looking for ways to truly share what it is like to run a full-time business with a really crazy schedule.
I think our biggest lesson learned as a couple in business is to share all the details. So often I just work and come up with these big ideas in my head and never share them with anyone. It is easier for me not to talk about things but once I did and started sharing my bigger vision for this business and our life, together. Things worked a lot better. And I think he has now gotten used to my big crazy dreamer ideas. I.e. after you hear them a few times, you aren’t quite as shocked.
Now let’s get into a few questions you have asked of me lately.
- What has been your biggest challenge this year? - Believing in myself. Taking a break from social media. My network marketing training back in the day was to be online as much as possible. I have had to work really hard to break free from that. I have so many boundaries and tricks I use to protect this now.
- Where do you see your business 5 years from now? Mastermind is my favorite. Would love to have a full-fledged planner company. The planner has been the most fun to launch. Like it is a dream to design covers, work with North and Third and come up with fun new inserts for you guys. This quarter we did a content planner insert. I think next quarter we are going to do something around mindset.
I also set word as a theme for this year and that is visibility.
- Are you going to leave your 9-5? Working towards time freedom. Whatever that looks like.
- What motivates you? - My dad. Brain cancer. Life is short. I want to use every second wisely. I think this is why I struggle so much with prioritization and why strategy is so important. Work less. Impact more.
- What is your biggest lesson learned in the last year? I should have focused more on my mindset first. I was so tactical for so long and when I shifted it made a huge difference.
With all that said, July is a great month to take some time to evaluate how far you have come and really dig deep into where you want to go.